1) If you could take just one book on a deserted island; what would it be? and why?
The Enclyopedia of 5000 spells by Judika Illes. This is my ‘must-have’ reference book and I’m sure there’s a spell somewhere for jet propelling your broomstick or manifesting George Clooney. I’d be happy with either
2) Have your reading tastes changed over the years?
At a very basic level, they haven’t changed since I was old enough to read. I’ve always been drawn to ancient civilisations, mysteries, and the paranormal. From a very young age, I’d sit in the library and ponder where all the dinosaurs had gone!
3) What genre do you read now?
I’m not stuck in any genre although I do avoid romance and I prefer modern literature over the classics. I enjoy a good mystery or crime novel thrown in with reading about ghosts, ghouls, and goblins.
4) Who are your favorite authors?
Jim Butcher, Kathy Reichs, Janet Evanovich, Kelley Armstrong, Kim Harrison and, of course, JK Rowling.
5) Describe your ideal reading experience.
A stormy day inside a warm house, snuggled up on the sofa with my husband. Book in one hand, coffee in the other.
6)Books or Television?
7)If you could be a character from any book, who would it be and why?
Willy Wonka. He’s an eternal child and owns a chocolate factory. Need I say anymore?
8). Audio or E-books?
Oh, tough choice. I’m going with both! I love the ease of e-books but they make my eyes ache. Having a story read to you is lovely but so time-consuming.
9) If you had a chance to ask your favorite author one question; what would it be?
What were you unwavering motivation that made you complete your book?
10) What’s your favorite fairy-tale?
I really can’t think of one.
11) How did you find Wicca/Paganism?
Through a book club! I’d joined a club where you got a new book each month and one month they sent me Witch Crafting by Phyllis Currot. As I read it I felt a great connection (although I’m not Wiccan) so I began to put a name to how I’ve always felt.
12)Solitary or group practitioner?
13)Do you have any patron Gods or Godesses?
Recently I’ve felt a strong connection to Bast and I’ve been working with her on a regular basis.
14) Describe a time you felt closest to Mother Earth.
When my sons were babies we climbed on the sofa and fell asleep cuddled up together (a rarity as my eldest son is not a touchy-feely child). I felt their bodies next to mine, their breathing, and heartbeats. This moment I felt totally connected to them and at peace with the world. This is how I imagine Mother Earth must feel with her creations.
15) What animals do you feel most connected to on a spiritual level?
Cows, elephants, and turtles. And I can’t forget cats!
16) What is your favorite pagan celebration/holiday and why?
Samhain/Halloween. I love the energy and the time of the year. I just feel magical.
17) Do you use any form of divination?
Tarot and dowsing mainly but I also use runes and scry from time to time.
18) Have you ever performed a “spell” and if so what type was it and what were the results?
I’ve performed many spells for all sorts of things. I’ve usually gotten exactly what I asked for but not always in the ways I’ve expected.
19) Have you ever had any encounters with the supernatural?
Yes. I don’t think I’ve lived in a property that didn’t have some type of ‘ghost’ popping in from time to time. I’ve seen orbs, dark (blacker than black) shadows, a ufo, and other things over the years. I have an active dream time and I’m often visited when I’m asleep.
20) Is it always “love and light”?
Most of the time
21) Which element do you feel most connected with?
Water. As a Pisces, I understand feelings and emotions, probably too well for my own good.
22) Where are your favorite places?
Glastonbury, Stonehenge, and London. Although I find myself most comfortable with anywhere steeped in history.
23) Hobbies and interests besides blogging?
Readings, writing, photography, crafting.
24)What is your favorite movie/movies?
I loved Avatar and I still enjoy Indiana Jones and Star Wars.
25)What does your astrological chart say about you?
I’m Pisces with Moon in Cancer. I’m intuitive, kind, caring, and often hard to pin down!
26)What style of clothing do you prefer or wear most often?
I don’t have a particular style and what I wear depends on where I’m going. I like wearing dresses in the summer though especially if they’re the ‘floaty’ type so I can pretend I’m back in time and someone else lol!
27)Do you have any pets?
28)Do you follow your head or listen to your heart?
30) Why are you writing this blog?
Books are such an important part of my life. I love to read and I love to write.